Saturday, September 30, 2006

1st project is slowly coming along... running into some technical hurdles, which I think will make things easier down the road.

Sept 30:

-Refined Organ sound, wrote and recorded organ part.

-Thinking about adding ambient track, melody instrument, maybe vocal hums, propeller audio/plane engine.

-Still struggling with Tassman. Only one preset is saving properly, and I can’t get two Tassman instruments to run independently in Cubase.

-Found cool airplane sound… would like to manipulate it, think pitch shift, EQ, effects.

-Used Wavelab to time stretch

-Might think about asking Mike from Artech if I could borrow a long engine sound.

-Organ sound is very quiet… need to figure out how to boost signal.

-Considering a layering of engine sounds over three tracks; a weaving between short tracks.

-Thinking also about adding very breathy vocal track with reverb.

-It’s sounding too cheery at the moment… thinking about adding some more minor chords if I can to create different moods throughout the piece.

Question:

-How can I make my midi sounds louder? I am using a midi piano and a tassman synth and they are extremely quiet compared with my audio sounds.

No comments: